Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Getting started… again

So I have wanted to lose weight for a while now and now that I’m a senior in college and know that I don’t have a great amount of time till I get kicked into the real world, I want to look my best! So i deiced to sign up for My Fitness Pal, (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/) because i know people that use it! And they talk about how easy it is to use, so why not.
One of the parts of the profile wants to know what your inspirations are. I want to be healthier, i want to live longer. I want to show people that it is possible.  Now I’ll give you a bit a background of myself.
Me , my weight and sports.
I used to be a small kid, but like many people life changes usually are a cause of weight gain. Moving to a different town, a different school, and hopefully new friends were hard on my childhood. Things that helped me through: my mom, my new dad, my mom side of the family and my new family on my father’s side.
Changing schools was a huge change in my life, looking back at pictures you can see that I slowly started to gain weight. Being the new kid on the block isn’t something that makes you cool, especially when to start to gain more and more weight. And being bullied at school wasn’t exactly helping in the weight loss.  Even when I tried to join sports, I wasn’t good enough, or wasn't social enough. Let's just say that basketball and volleyball aren't my sports.
A lot changed when I went into high school, luckily some of my friends went to the same school, and I had a cousin that was in the same grade. So I slowly started to make friends and one thing that helped was the fact that I tried new sports. My dad likes golf and he encouraged me and taught me the ropes of the golf coarse. I began to love golf, and even though a wasn't good enough to play varsity, I made friends with a lot of the girls on the team. I also decided to play on the bowling team, it was a lot of fun and helped me make more friends!
Last but defiantly not least my start with lacrosse! My lacrosse career has gotten me where I am today. If I hadn’t of started playing lacrosse I would not be at Adrian College (http://www.adrian.edu/). I stared playing lacrosse my freshman year of high school. One of the girls on the bowling team was trying out because one of her friends was trying out. So I jumped on that train. After the first day of tryouts, the coaches ask everyone if anyone wanted to be a goalie. I decided to raise my hand since I didn’t think I won’t make the team otherwise. (I wasn’t in the best of shape). So I went for it and made the team as a goalie. My goalie skills were improving immensely. By the end of my junior year, I was on the Northwestern Wildcat Elite Team. Being on this team showed me that I should look into playing lacrosse on a college level! I was brought to Adrian College! (http://www.adrianbulldogs.com/sports/w-lacros/index).  I started pretty much all the games my freshman year! It’s an amazing feeling. I played my freshman, sophomore years and then took my junior year off, for personal reasons, not thinking I was going to return to the turf field my senior year. But now that I’m back I have to get back into shape and it’s not the easiest of things, I am hoping that this fitness website keeps me in line! We shall see!
Until next time, fripfrop
 Me at a family golf outing two years ago
 Me (in net) my freshman year, during our fall ball game!

No comments:

Post a Comment